HeartMath Skills for Personal Effectiveness:
Personal Resilience Mentoring is provided by trained mentors certified by the Institute of HeartMath. These mentors are skilled at understanding the needs of participants and helping them quickly learn and apply practical techniques so they can take charge of their work and personal lives. The Personal Resilience Mentoring Program can be especially valuable for leaders and staff in organizations facing change and ongoing complexity. A series of four personal resilience-mentoring sessions, provided via telephone or online via Skype, teach individuals several core skills that build resilience and boost performance.
As a result, participants learn to better handle stress reactions and develop more intelligent approaches to self-regulation and renewal of stamina and energy. By increasing their energy reserves, individuals are better able to bounce back from stressful events and build a cushion that prepares and protects them from the adverse effects of many of life’s typical stressors.
The content taught in this program has shown in numerous peer-reviewed studies*
to provide a wide range of long-term benefits, including increased:
► Overall well-being
► Mental clarity for decision-making
► Emotional awareness
► Sensitivity to relational issues
► Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
► Global Advances in Health and Medicine, Open Medicine, Annual in Therapeutic Recreation, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Preventative Cardiology, Biological Psychology, Integrative Physiological and Behavioral Science, Stress Medicine, Journal of College Student Development, ISRN Nursing.
The tools and techniques taught in this program also have been shown to reduce:
- worry, overwhelm and feelings of anxiousness
- sleeplessness and fatigue
- generalized stress and physical symptoms of stress
At the end of the program, it is expected that participants will be able to:
- Identify depleting stress reactions that affect their health, performance and well-being.
- Neutralize and replace stressful reactions that erode health, mental and emotional
- composure and resilience.
- Regain vitality.
- Increase their ability to think clearly and find more efficient solutions to problems.
- Increase their ability to sustain coherence and composure in challenging situations.
- Prep before potentially stressful or challenging situations.
- Increase awareness of and sensitivity to relational issues.
- Successfully reset by shifting their physiology and reestablishing composure after stress triggers or incidents.
During each session, mentors will help participants identify current challenges, establish short-term goals, review progress and teach additional strategies and techniques appropriate for the next levels of success.
► What is Resilience?
► The Four Domains of Resilience
- Energy-Draining Situations/Events Exercise
- Energy-Renewing Situations/Events Exercise
► Depletion to Renewal Grid™
- Depletion to Renewal
► Three Strategies for Building and Sustaining Resilience
- 1. Prep
- 2. Shift and Reset
- 3. Sustain
► Heart-Focused Breathing™ Technique
- Quick Coherence® Technique
- Inner-Ease™ Technique
- Heart Lock-In® Technique
► Making Effective Decisions
- Freeze Frame® Technique
- Freeze Frame Exercise
► Effectively Communicating in Challenging Times
- Coherent Communication™ Technique
► Action Plan for Plugging Energy Leaks
► Action Plan for Building Resilience Capacity
Any individual seeking personal growth both in personal life and in their work or career.
The Personal Resilience Mentoring program consists of four hours of instruction that is delivered weekly in four 1-hour virtual or in-classroom sessions.